Defacing Money Like A Douchebag In The Name Of The 2nd Amendment

Probably the stupidest idea I’ve seen in a while:

2nd-Amendment-Money-Currency-Bill-Stamp

The original vision behind 2ABill.com was to promote support of the Second Amendment by rubber-stamping a stack of $2-bills and using them as tip-currency in everyday life (cafe, coffeehouse, barber, restaurant) knowing that folks would likely be caught off guard by the not-so-common denomination AND including a stamped-on reference to the Second Amendment. Our hope is that people will be drawn into conversation about why upholding our Second Amendment rights is an important conversation to have!

Yea you buy a retarded little rubber stamp from this company, and then you can deface all the $2 bills that pass through your hands in the name of the 2nd Amendment.  If advertising on money was actually legal, every shady little company under the sun would start this ignorant guerrilla marketing practice, because it’s basically free.  I like my dead presidents (when I use them) crispy and untainted, thank you.  Can you imagine the hassle if every bill you tried to spend had multiple stamps on it?  It would be a nightmare from a counterfeit detection standpoint alone.

2nd-Amendment-Money-Currency-Bill-Stamp-2AI love how they have that little “We don’t encourage defacing U.S. currency” blurb at the bottom of the page I linked.  *facepalm*  ‘MERICA!

Jon March 14, 2013 at 03:23 am

Defacing money isn’t actually illegal, modifying it with the intent to defraud is.

ENDO-Mike March 14, 2013 at 04:17 am

I know what you’re saying, but I refuse to believe that it’s just “frowned upon”. *shrug* If it was 100% legal I figured we would see TONS more of it than we actually do.

DocN March 14, 2013 at 05:09 am

Because nobody actually *looks* at their money. And even if they did, if there are too many markings on it, they ask to exchange it with a cleaner one. Banks also regularly swap out marked bills just as they do excessively worn ones, so the life of a stamped bill is actually pretty short.

That said, the 2A thing is somewhat clever, simply because the $2 bill is so unusual. The bill itself is noteworthy (pun not intended) and the stamp adds a meaning to the interest it generates.

THAT being said, having talked to more than a few gun owners in my life, most baristas and others would see one of these bills the same way the average homeowner sees an offered copy of The Watchtower. “Hi, I’m a Gun Nut! May I harangue you for the next thirty to forty-five minutes?”

Doc.

Gus March 14, 2013 at 03:44 am

This idea is as annoying as Piers Morgan.

Regulus March 14, 2013 at 07:31 am

yep. makes me wanna start posting anti gun shit on dollar bills…just to troll this idiots

Dale October 18, 2016 at 06:09 pm

This is better than spending the money on a latte.

Rodger Young March 14, 2013 at 04:15 am
elephantrider March 14, 2013 at 03:27 pm

I remember wheresgeorge from working a register about 10 years ago. Fun idea.

This 2A bill is retarded. Is the tip receiving population of the US (bartenders, wait staff, valets, doormen, etc) an important 2A message demographic? Seems extremely narrow to me. How many people even tip with cash these days anyway?

MrMaigo March 14, 2013 at 04:33 am

I spend a lot of time behind a cash register, I don’t have time for viral bullshit. $2 bills are a pain, half the people WANT them, half the people DON’T. Just like the stupid dollar coins.

John Fritz March 16, 2013 at 11:54 am

Two dollar bills are cool. Those fucking pot-metal useless dollar slugs are junk.

sirkut March 14, 2013 at 09:54 am

My favorite stamp for money is the “Tax Cheat” stamp in red next to tim geithner’s name.

ROB March 14, 2013 at 10:16 am

Defacing American currency??? That’s a good one. I think if the founders knew what has happened to America they would “deface” themselves from the bills.

Alphonse March 14, 2013 at 10:45 am

What’s the problem? That paper will be worthless soon anyway.

kford March 14, 2013 at 11:26 am

This is on par with the jump to conclusions mat. Pointless.

SittingDown March 14, 2013 at 12:54 pm

I like the mustache stamp a lot better. LOL

Erik Timmons March 15, 2013 at 03:03 pm

Very educated and well thought out post, especially, “Yea you buy a retarded little rubber stamp”. What a disappointing post from a fellow 2nd amendment supporter. Lame. What’s “retarded” is the fact that our government is working to disarm it’s citizens and it’s citizens aren’t willing to stand up to defend their rights. Then some 2nd amendment supporter critiques, other supporters for absolutely no reason. Nice job. Thanks for making 2nd amendment supporters look like idiots, ENDO-Mike. That’s extremely productive (the sarcasm is a bonus).

ENDO-Mike March 15, 2013 at 03:21 pm

You’re welcome, enjoy your weekend. You’ve got 2 days of defacing money ahead of you!

Erik Timmons March 15, 2013 at 03:28 pm

I do appreciate your blog most of the time. I’m disappointed by this post but, overall good stuff.
I love 2 days straight of stamping stuff, especially currency.

ENDO-Mike March 15, 2013 at 03:29 pm

hahah no worries Erik. Glad you like most of the posts!

Hoss March 15, 2013 at 03:04 pm

I love the idea.

Josh March 15, 2013 at 03:11 pm

I’m heading over to buy my stamp now! Thanks for cluing me in!

Seriously, there’s not one thing remotely annoying about this. And for people to actually whine about it is mind-boggling. I didn’t realize my fellow 2nd Amendment folks were so sensitive.

ENDO-Mike March 15, 2013 at 03:22 pm

Carrying around branded money just isn’t my thing. Best of luck with the stamp!

Josh March 15, 2013 at 03:33 pm

“not your thing” is one thing. Whining and calling the man a douchebag is another. Sheesh, you got politicians crapping on the constitution and somehow you find time to waste on this?

ENDO-Mike March 15, 2013 at 03:36 pm

You’re obviously above ENDO… plenty of intelligent and politically centered 2A blogs out there for you. I’ve got nothing but time.

Jonathan March 15, 2013 at 03:36 pm

I like the idea of the stamp, we need more people showing support for the 2nd amendment. I’m definitely ordering one of these.

As for defacing currency, get real… I think your sense of patriotism is a little misguided. Better to throw your juvenile insults at the government that embraced the Fed and took all real value out of US currency.

Troy March 15, 2013 at 04:25 pm

I am not sure of where the hostility is coming from on this. With the illogical arguments coming from the likes of Feinstein, Obama, and Biden as to why we need to ban the so-called “assault rifle”, I just don’t see this as something with which I have a problem. Many who see the stamp will probably never go to the site, but those who do will at least have a better understanding of what the framers intended when the wrote the 2nd Amendment.

Jim P. March 17, 2013 at 08:26 pm

I’m a regular attendee, in costume, at my local Ren fest. I’m known by the staff, vendors, and shows as well as other regular attendees. I try to use the dollar coins to fit in the 1500’s feel of the event. But I won’t really use them anywhere else, unless I’m just broke and don’t have a choice.

Going out and buying $2 dollar bills for this is just about the stupidest thing I can think of. It really doesn’t help anything.

Whammy! March 20, 2013 at 03:01 pm

You’ve really turned into a sweater vest, Mike.

ENDO-Mike March 20, 2013 at 03:08 pm

I’m positive that’s supposed to be an insult… but I don’t get it. haha