Dishwasher To Clean Chocolate Sauce Off A Glock

Mattv2099 gets domestic with it:

HA surface rust… Glock tenifer laughs in the face of surface rust! Probably would have been better if he would have field stripped it before putting it in the dishwasher.  The soap probably also was a bad move / unnecessary.

Not something I’d do, but I imagine as long as your dishwasher water doesn’t get incredibly hot you’d be fine.  The one thing that suck though is you’d need to detail strip it to re-lubricate all the internals if you actually care about your gun for sure functioning properly.

Glock-DishwasherAlso see the Glocks in the dishwasher post.

Mr.Wolf March 18, 2013 at 03:45 am

No shit, did it twice. Do it often with AK mags

Jake March 18, 2013 at 04:39 am

I remember seeing this years ago from Cody from WranglerStar who at the time was know as WanglerBarn. Seems it works pretty well, I always use water submersion for cleaning and blow it out with canned air.

AK™ March 18, 2013 at 05:39 am

Zoidberg says “Why not froglube afterwards?”

Matthew James March 18, 2013 at 02:50 pm

Dis glawk has the tenifer worn off in the places with worst surface rust. Im sure without oxidizing detergents and using a newer glock the result will be much better and much less rust.

Gregg March 18, 2013 at 09:22 pm

Its pretty easy to get surface rust on a glock slide. I’ve carried mine boating before in a dry box but there was a drop of water on the slide. After sitting all day it developed some rust where the water was, but it buffed right off.

Enfieldem2 March 18, 2013 at 11:44 pm

I often wonder how com-bloc nations intended to get their guns out of cosmoline in a hurry before the capitalist invaders took over. I was told that they might use large steam cleaners to get all that cosmoline off on a hurry.

cmblake6 March 19, 2013 at 06:44 pm

Works for me. I’ve done old milsurp rifles after disassembly, gets cosmoline right off. As long as your dishwasher doesn’t go above 250 you should be fine. I just put it in on “pots and pans”, put in the dishwasher soap, and let it run through the dry cycle. Pull it out, spritz it with whatever your favorite gun lube is, wipe off the excess.

smoky March 20, 2013 at 04:27 am

This may be the scotch talking but suddenly putting my Glock in the dishwasher seems like a really good idea.

Dave March 21, 2013 at 07:39 pm

As a range employee and instructor one of the things I keep in mind is my lead exposure levels. That seems like a good way to increase your lead levels.