Disney Princesses And Pooh With Guns In Street Art

From Stockholm street artist Herr Nilsson:

Disney-Princess-Guns-Street-Art-Herr-Nilsson-2

Disney-Princess-Guns-Street-Art-Herr-Nilsson-1

Winnie-The-Pooh-Guns-Street-Art-Herr-Nilsson-3

Winnie-The-Pooh-Guns-Street-Art-Herr-Nilsson-1

Winnie-The-Pooh-Guns-Street-Art-Herr-Nilsson-2

Pretty cool… Banksy-esque one might say.  Seemingly not anti-gun, and no retarded statements purpose or hidden meanings that I could find so this guy is already good with me. I think it’s awesome when theres a really nice piece of art under a bridge or in a tunnel that isn’t gang related. I’m sure cities hate this kind of stuff, and probably spend a lot of money discouraging it by cleaning it up though which is kind of sad. I suppose the subject matter or message isn’t always favorable in the mainstream so that’s probably most of the problem.

Thougths?

Will July 8, 2013 at 12:16 am

I particularly like his nom de guerre. “Herr Nilsson”, or “Mr. Nilsson” in English, is the pet monkey of Pippi Longstockings :p

SittingDown July 8, 2013 at 10:05 am

I don’t even want to know how or why you know this. LOL

Will July 9, 2013 at 02:14 am

Oh, I’m of the correct age group. Norwegian broadcasting really liked sending old swedish crap when they weren’t doing eastern-european animation movies like Pingu or Pat & Mat.

That, combined with a bothersome ability to remember useless random shit, gives me the edge at stuff like this and trivial pursuit, but doesn’t contribute much to life outside of that :p

Matt in FL July 8, 2013 at 07:50 am

“I suppose the subject matter or message isn’t always favorable in the mainstream so that’s probably most of the problem.”

You got it. If they leave something up that 95% of people would say is awesome, but then take something down that 95% of people would say is crap, or offensive, or both, they open themselves up to a discrimination lawsuit on First Amendment grounds. The only real solution is to prohibit all of it.

It really sucks, but that’s the world we live in.

N703 July 8, 2013 at 10:23 am

The first two and the Pooh on the third look like they were drawn on a photograph of those walls.

He’s good.

Matt in FL July 8, 2013 at 10:37 am

I’m pretty sure they were all drawn elsewhere and then pasted up. This is more “poster” than “grafitti.”

Lew July 8, 2013 at 03:52 pm

Stockholm is pretty good for these kinds of street art nowadays. I look forwards to more of Herr Nilsson.

Max July 8, 2013 at 05:41 pm

I’ve always felt that happiness is a belt fed weapon

Max July 9, 2013 at 10:09 am

The other Max agrees.

SouthPawByNW July 8, 2013 at 08:59 pm

How long before Disney sues him for copyright infringement?

Dushyant July 9, 2013 at 04:49 am

Oh man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are one hell of the artist.

StarvinPilgrim July 9, 2013 at 06:42 am

I wonder if I could buy copies of the first two for my daughters pink room?

Suburban Sheepdog July 9, 2013 at 02:16 pm

I always liked:

“‘Bother,’ said Pooh as he chambered another round.”

It’s the “Zulu Dawn” helmet and the Martin-Henry rifle that really make it.