Titanium Beretta 93R – None Before It None To Come

Chaos311clarity has some fun on the range:

That thing is a beast!  I’d still rather have a Glock 18, because Glock… but the Beretta 93R is definitely in my top 5.  The built in utilitarian fold down forward grip on the 93R is a nice feature too.

Chaos311Clarity-YoutubeBasically no muzzle rise on that thing with the forward grip and the stock!

Chaos is wearing the ENDO Apparel Pictogram Fire Selector Switch Hat.

Thoughts?  Glock 18 or Beretta 93R?

SittingDown October 23, 2013 at 02:12 am

Glock 18 with ENDO “AR-15” stock > this. :D

Manny Fresco October 23, 2013 at 06:20 am

Pretty awesome! Any Beretta fan goes ga-ga over the 93R. A custom one that is full-auto = head blown!

2Wheels October 23, 2013 at 07:34 am

Psshh, I’m not even a Beretta fan but the 93R is so much cooler than the Glock 18. And this one is titanium? Impressive!

Of course in reality I’d much rather have a real SMG… But still pretty cool!

Jon October 23, 2013 at 09:58 am

Ran into Chaos at that shoot. The owner of one of those 93r’s had a Glock 18c, also.
For what it’s worth, I preferred the Glock…

HSR47 October 23, 2013 at 04:24 pm

I was there as well, and fired both pistols; I prefer the G18c as well.

Maybe it’s just the ergonomics of trying to use a shoulder stock without provision for a proper cheek weld….

Jon October 24, 2013 at 08:41 pm

Yeah. I felt like the stock, as low as it was in relationship to the gun, just turned into a fulcrum and resulted in more muzzle rise than I experienced with just a normal two-handed grip on the Glock.

HSR47 October 25, 2013 at 12:14 am

Maybe next time I’ll see about shooting it without the stock. Maybe.

SittingDown October 25, 2013 at 12:20 am

Just get ENDO to make a 93R stock for you. ;)

ENDO-Mike October 25, 2013 at 12:25 am

Next up, Deagle brand Deagle stocks. ;)

CHAOS October 30, 2013 at 09:52 pm

im gonna need you to send me one of those hahahaha

HSR47 December 2, 2013 at 10:49 am

Why would I buy a stock for a gun I don’t own?

James Earl Jones October 23, 2013 at 02:22 pm

I’ve always been a fan of the 93R over the Glock 18, mainly because everybody knows about the 18 and everybody wants one and the 93R has a bit more of an exotic feel to it. Plus the 92/93/96s are just plain sexy, it’s hammer fired, AND it has the hand part that folds down. Everybody knows that parts that fold are statistically proven to be a bazillion times more deadly! But seriously, 93R Inox? Sploosh.

HSR47 October 23, 2013 at 04:25 pm

Have you ever fired either?

Having shot both, I would choose the G18c every single time.

James Earl Jones October 24, 2013 at 04:57 pm

I’ve fired the 18. I found it to be rather difficult to control. In general, I’m not a big fan of Glocks mainly because of their ergonomics. They work for some people, but I’ve never been able to find one that I was comfortable with, unless a considerable amount of work has gone into the grip.

Haven’t fired a 93R yet, look forward to an opportunity to.

HSR47 December 2, 2013 at 11:06 am

I can sympathize with not liking the ergonomics of the Glock; I started out with the same issue.

I was having major rust issues with my XD (freshly oiled gun rusting up after <12 hours carry), and I had some joint issues in my strongside wrist. I finally got fed up with the former, and Glock was both the cheapest, and the best ergonomically (recoil straight up the arm rather than torquing the wrist).

As for the 18, I've only ever fired the factory compensated version (G18C), and it is highly controllable: the barrel vents forward and up, which forces the gun down and back. Combined with the recoil (back and up), this serves to keep the pistol on target. I imagine the non-compensated version is far less controllable.

Max October 23, 2013 at 06:58 pm

Looks like the gun Travolta’s bad guy used in Broken Arrow back in ’96

Jon October 24, 2013 at 08:43 pm

The non-titanium 93r in the video IS *THE* pistol from Broken Arrow. Like, for real.

Tim October 24, 2013 at 08:33 am

Something of that era made out of titanium is pretty bad ass. IIRC titanium was a PITA to get a hold of until the fall of the Soviet Union.

Sledgecrowbar December 2, 2013 at 10:28 am

Noticed on the very last shot in slow-mo, that hammer comes up looking like it’s being filmed at full-speed, compared to the slide, really shows the different operating speeds of components (probably a very light hammer because it’s Ti, though, and a strong spring to make up for the loss in inertia). I’d like to see an M16 running full-auto like that but it would be difficult.