Fat George Zimmerman At Gun Shop Signs Autographs

Of skinny George Zimmerman with a dog:

George-Zimmerman-Arms-Room-1

George-Zimmerman-Arms-Room-2

Full Story – TMZ

The gun shop is The Arms Room in Orlando, FL.  They also have a Facebook page if you care.

I wonder if he was charging for the autographs? God, what a useless picture to autograph too.  Is this some type of stupid move to try and improve his public image?  If so, bad idea in my opinion.  All it comes across as is just another publicity stunt to keep his name in the news and get on TMZ again.

I just checked the current count, and I still give -28 fucks about GZ.  The last time I said something similar this happened in the comments LOL:

George-Zimmerman-Comment-ENDO

(Link to comment)

I’m still not 100% sure if I was being trolled or not.  If I was, I suppose I fell for it.

Thoughts?  Do you think we’re obligated to like and support everyone who has similar gun / 2nd Amendment interests?

Sunny March 11, 2014 at 01:45 am

sooo weird… just stay out of the public eye! at least he’s not wearing endoapparel gear.

JRKey March 11, 2014 at 04:43 am

Why you gotta call the chick a dog bro? She is probably a really sweet person…..

atm March 11, 2014 at 05:38 am

Never realized before how small GZ is. He looks really short.

Mountain March 11, 2014 at 05:40 am

I’m hoping Federale is a troll, if not he has one of the worst names possible.

“Hmm, I need a pseudonym for te3 interwebz. I know! I can link myself to one of the most corrupt law enforcement agencies on the planet! … Now, do I use ‘I_chose_Plata’… nope, taken… how about ‘Federale86’… Ah, perfect!”

Federale (@Federale86) March 11, 2014 at 01:17 pm

Talking about Control or Kaos?

Andy March 11, 2014 at 08:19 am

Someone should have brought in one of those Trayvon Martin targets for him to sign. Woulda been aaaaawkward.

chase March 11, 2014 at 08:23 am

But doesn’t George Zimmerman have all those cool gadgets and protect Gotham City? You guys are just a bunch of haters! George Zimmerman single stopped a nuke from going of in the middle of the city and there’s still all this hate!

chase March 11, 2014 at 08:24 am

stop a nuke single handed* fuck you, it’s early

Doug73 March 11, 2014 at 10:04 am

Thank you! I’m getting tired of “gun guys” thinking that just because a person or organization is pro-gun (which of course I do admire), I’m supposed to genuflect in front of and admire everything that person does. Ted Nugent is a perfect example. Sure, I like his support of gun rights. But his music is often jingoistic and horrible, and some of his public comments do little more than reinforce the popular stereotype that all gun owners are uneducated, knuckle-dragging morons who represent some of the worst aspects of American “culture”.

Just because a person is a “gun guy” means nothing more than they like guns. In and of itself, it says nothing about their character, intelligence, usefulness as a human, etc. And Lord knows while there are plenty of good “gun guys” out there, we have our own plentiful share of idiots as well.

st4 March 11, 2014 at 10:37 am

Agreed.

Federale (@Federale86) March 11, 2014 at 01:18 pm

Never said you had to like him, but had to support his actual exercise of his Second Amendment rights in a real life situation where he needed those rights.

AJ187 March 11, 2014 at 04:43 pm

Apparently negative 29 fucks or less is the threshold where you simply don’t post about people “you don’t have a use for.” Obviously you felt some obligation to comment as did Federale when he stated his opinion.

Anyway on zimmermann: I can’t imagine his legal debts nor being vilified by so many even those that you would expect to be a little sympathetic towards his plight. The oversaturation of media coverage on him and the event is outstanding. Surely, people are sick of the coverage making them apathetic to the truth of what happened and especially who George is as a person.

dgdimick March 14, 2014 at 03:01 pm

GZ has/is going to get a multi-million dollar payout for NBC, or CBS, don’t rember which on – don’t really care, they both suck balls. You don’t edit 911 tapes to make someone look bad and NOT get sued.

I see GZ in the same light as the Octo-Mom, nothing to see here, move along.

Travis March 11, 2014 at 04:47 pm

I don’t think GZ is useless. For example:
*Random person*: I don’t think that legally blind people should be ‘allowed’ to carry concealed weapons!
Me: How good does your vision need to be to shoot one of Oboma’s sons as they’re beating your head into the pavement?
;)

sdog March 12, 2014 at 08:15 am

how about the tall dude in the pic with orange shorts and a leopard print fanny pack, *face palm*

Phil March 12, 2014 at 10:56 am

Just because the guy doesn’t seem (based on the facts) to have committed murder or even manslaughter doesn’t make him a hero. I’m baffled by people who go out of their way to get Zimmerman’s autograph. He was a guy who was attacked after a few bad decisions and had to defend his own life, then was forced to defend his actions in court. That he came out the winner both times makes him neither a genius nor somebody else we might idolize.

Better to let the guy fade into anonymity than to lionize him. I may support his right of self defense, but that doesn’t mean I think he has done us any favors. The sooner people quit thinking he was some sort of hero, the better.

Tom B. March 12, 2014 at 12:15 pm

^^ That pretty much.

I’m all for a stand your ground, using whatever means necessary.

I have a hiccup though when I see what Mr. Z did. He picked a fight, couldn’t save himself, and shot someone. That is a bit wonky to me. I’ve said that before though and been shouted down though.

He’s a poster child for ‘ban the guns’ idiots now, and going out and signing shit and being a ‘star’ will just inflame the assholes.

Doug73 March 12, 2014 at 04:51 pm

Yeah, I don’t understand the whole autograph thing.

It’s likely no one would be dead had Zimmerman done what he was told by the police dispatcher, and not started a confrontation to begin with. As a CCW holder for ten years, I’ve always been taught that the best use of your concealed weapon is the use that can be avoided. The courts eventually found him not guilty of the events that occurred after he went looking for trouble. But I’d hardly say he “won” anything, other than perhaps his own freedom that he put in very real jeopardy. Almost a pyrrhic victory.

Regardless, the whole situation was tragic, with someone ending up dead. And there are actually some sick people out there who want an autograph from a guy who shot the other guy? Is this what American “culture” has come to? “Citizen as WWF-style fan”?

Best for all that Zimmerman disappear and get on with his life. I don’t think he’s doing himself nor gun owners in general any favors by running around as if he’s some kind of white-trash celebrity.

CrunkleRoss March 12, 2014 at 02:37 pm

When someone is is criticized by the press for a DGU one retort we hear often from the pro gun side is “you weren’t there you can’t say what happened”. I can never understand why so many people on the progun side refused to give GZ that same consideration.