This video is apparently old, but that doesn’t make it any less hilarious:
0:45 – “It was one of those malfunctions, my thumb went in front of the barrel… and it went off” – LOL oh reeeeeeeealy? Just once I want someone to be like “Yea I’m a dumbass and I was dicking around, put my thumb in front of the barrel and pulled the trigger.”
Well the prize for his stupidity is a short little thumb. *slow clap*
A Botetourt County (Roanoke, Virginia) man accidentally shot himself Friday while reading the instruction manual for a gun he’d just purchased.
The 28-year-old sustained injuries that were not believed to be life-threatening after shooting himself in the left leg with a .45-caliber Rock Island Armory 1911 pistol, county dispatchers and officials said.
Rancho Cucamonga, CA – Authorities said a woman was injured in an accidental shooting Sunday at a store that specializes in hunting and fishing gear in Rancho Cucamonga.
The incident happened at 3:45 p.m. at the Bass Pro Shop when a customer brought two of his own guns to the shop to use at the indoor firing range.
As he was checking in the weapons at the front door to verify that they were unloaded and to be trigger-locked, a bullet discharged within the carrying case and struck a customer standing in an aisle about 70 feet away, according to a spokeswoman for the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department.
The 52-year-old man, whose name wasn’t released, was checking in the weapons at the front desk when he noticed one of the guns had the hammer cocked. He reached for the .45-caliber weapon and it fired.
Ugh… retard. Try unloading the gun before putting a trigger lock on it. The owner of the guns is lucky that woman didn’t get hit in a vital area and die. My guess is he is going to be in a lot of trouble anyway, rightfully so. We don’t need carelessness like that in the gun community.
It’s funny how both articles make it sound as if the gun just decided to “go off” on its own.
The two reports are a bit different:
The first article states that the woman was about 70 ft away when she got hit… and the 2nd article states she got hit from 40 yards away ( 120 ft ) (BIG Difference)
The first article states that the gun discharged within a carrying case… the 2nd article states the gun fired on its own through a bag.
The second article says the round penetrated the woman’s clothing but didn’t penetrate her skin, and then the round fell to the floor.
Who knows what’s right and what isn’t…
In hindsight ( hehe ) that lady can laugh at the fact her ass stopped a .45 caliber round. Only less in magnitude to the mighty 10mm as far as the gun community is concerned. The hardcore .45 supporters would have laughed their asses off if the bullet that struck the woman and failed to penetrate was a 9mm.
Charlotte, NC – It was a very scary situation inside a 3rd Grade classroom at University Meadows Elementary. A gun went off inside a student’s desk, the bullet, missing the 20 or so students in the classroom and hitting a wall.
Just kidding This kid is going to get into so much shit from his parents and from the school. Rightfully so, he needs to know that bringing a gun to school isn’t acceptable nowadays. I’m sure the rest of his life from this point on he will practice proper trigger discipline. I can imagine his parents will get scrutinzed too considering they are responsible for him obviously.
As you can imagine, I don’t buy the fact that the gun went off on its own.
I just realized that I typed my comment assuming it was a boy that brought the gun to school. How sexist of me, a little girl is more than capable of doing such a dumb ass thing as well.
I was glad to read that all the kids are alright.
Sounds like it’s time to add some Eddie eagle and some Jeff Cooper to the curriculum.