Advanced Operator Maneuvers From The Back Seat Of A Vehicle

When your torso in a vehicle is exposed to incoming fire, this is what you need to do apparently:

Dallas Lloyd, Host of Tactical Environments and Lead Instructor for Premier Tactical Group looks at ways you can use your vehicle defensively if you have a situation where you need to shoot.

0:24 – The explanation of what’s about to happen begins.

1:00 – Wait a minute… what’s going on?

1:03 – LOLOL he’s actually doing it.  Is this real life?

Back-Seat-Operator-Maneuver-Dallas-Lloyd1:17 – AHAHAHAHHAHA the roll out of the truck into the prone position.  Pure comedy.

I have to say I’m a bit disappointed after all that he didn’t do “the worm” to retreat back toward the tailgate, then proceed to get up onto it and engage more tangos.

Thoughts?  Are you training like this starting today?

Hat tip: Beau, Al, Dawud, James, Chris, Jay

Ninjavitis December 20, 2014 at 02:08 am

If I was putting something like this on facebook, I’d disable comments too.

Rootbeer Joe December 20, 2014 at 03:39 am

It’s almost like he is (•_•) , ( •_•)>⌐□-□ , (⌐□_□) a backseat operator *YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH*

Markus December 20, 2014 at 03:45 am

Hm, that may actually be more sensible than it looks at first…
Pros: First, you keep LOTS of stuff between you and incoming rounds, definitely more than a laminated piece of glass or two thin sheets of metal in your door. You’ll also not expose your feet to incoming fire – I’m pretty sure you’ll be out of the fight for the most part once you take a round in your foot/leg/knee. And lastly, an assailant may keep shooting at the driver side and/or wondering WTF is going on, not expecting you to pop out under the rear passenger door. I sure wouldn’t…
Cons: Chances of you actually having a clear line of fire are… well… depending on the situation possibly very slim. And if you don’t see your attacker the instant you come out the other side of your car, you’ve given up mobility and any chance to shift position until you’re back on your feet. You might also somehow get stuck or tangled up in your rear set or simply get shot during the couple seconds it takes to get out of the driver seat and into the back. Those are some very big trade offs imho.

tl;dr: Would I do it? Probably not. Train it? Nope, unless I work as a professional trigger-puller with incredible high chances of getting shot at who’s already proficient at every other vehicle evac technique in the book. Does it look a bit retarded? Sure does. Is there some use to it, for some folks in some special circumstances? Probably…

Eric December 20, 2014 at 05:21 am

Or…… Put the Vehicle in drive and drive over (and then away from) target. Or…. Stay behind the engine block of the vehicle instead of exiting, re-entering and then engaging your target. Not to mention, did you see the awkwardness in the back seat? almost getting stuck between the seat and the front? and why stay IN the vehicle? just take advantage of using the entire vehicle as cover and shoot from the rear bumper area?

Taylor December 20, 2014 at 03:45 pm

Yeager didn’t need to put it in drive and drive away, so why should we?
I’m a bit disappointed I didn’t see the video, but that screenshot is (almost) enough.

Stitch1870 December 22, 2014 at 06:14 am

Shhhhhh, put that common sense away. Ur not tacticool enuff m8.

Eric December 20, 2014 at 05:19 am

And it’s gone….

JohnnyIShootStuff December 20, 2014 at 05:47 am

That didn’t take long for that operator to 404 his video.

skip11b December 20, 2014 at 06:25 am

Eric,

I didn’t see it, but let me tell you; the vehicle is not in any way cover. there are very few spots on a standard car that are going to stop bullets. Steel rims, and engine blocks are all that are going to halt the flight of a bullet. the car can be concealment, but not cover. Just food for thought.

Markus December 20, 2014 at 06:52 am

The way he’s lying across the backseats he basically has most of his body behind the engine block and all the other stuff in front – the vehicle not being much cover was pretty much the first thing I was thinking about when watching the video. Sure, it won’t be perfect and a high powered rifle round may still make it trough, but most smaller rounds may very well be torn to pieces or deflected by some piece of metal they hit or lose most if not all their energy before they hit you. Of course once you get into your shooting position you’re quite exposed again, but there’s really no way around that…

That said, Eric’s point of simply driving away or over your attacker is probably WAY more reasonable. The moment you get shot at, getting the fuck out of there should probably be your priority. Possibly returning fire trough the windshield if you’ve time to spare, but I kinda doubt that. Only if that’s not an option for some reason, getting behind the rear bumper is probably what I would do.

Then again, if we’re talking about armored vehicles that actually offer protection behind doors… And for some strange reason you can’t drive away any more… And you can’t shoot from inside the vehicle because of, uhm, reasons… Ok, ok, I’ll admit that’s pretty far fetched.

overkill556x45 December 20, 2014 at 07:50 am

If you’re above the floor boards, you aren’t behind the engine block. The top of the engine is about calf-high if you’re sitting in the front seat. Sometimes lower depending on make and model. He’d have to inchworm across the floorboards to use the engine as cover.

I spent 2004-2005 driving around eastern Afghanistan in a Euro-standard diesel Ford Ranger 4×4. SOP was to drive away if we took contact while mounted. We added kevlar blankets and hillbilly steel plates in strategic places, but speed was our greatest advantage. Thankfully, we got issued retrofit up-armored 1114 HMMVs before enemy contact became too big of a concern. We did have a Toyota 4-Runner drive over an IED made from a mortar round, and it drove home. They buried it too deep and all it did was throw the truck up in the air and blow out all the windows. Changes of pants were required, but otherwise no damage to personnel.

The video was gone before I woke up this morning, but I’m guessing this guy is just late to the party cashing in on tacticoolness. This stuff would have gone over big in 2005.

wvcycling December 20, 2014 at 06:47 am

One day when going to the junk yard for a piece for my Volvo, I asked the employee how must they charge me for a door.

$35.00

Brought it in the woods, and shot the shit of it, just to see if Scandinavian steel would protect me from certain rounds.

50% .22LR failed to go all the way through. About 30% of 9mm failed to go all the way through. Fun little experiment.

NotoriousAPP December 20, 2014 at 07:19 am

Anyone have a new link to the video?

JohnnyIShootStuff December 20, 2014 at 10:23 am

No, but, the tactical Hyundai Santa Fe review is pretty damn sweet.

overkill556x45 December 20, 2014 at 10:34 am

I disagree. My Wrangler 2dr (aka REAL Wrangler) is way more tactical. Uncomfortable, loud, pisses off eco nuts (while getting 25mpg hwy), and can be driven out of a tactical mall parking lot ambush thanks to a shockingly small turning circle. And it’s red, because I wish a mf’er would.

Regulus December 20, 2014 at 11:54 am
Jesse December 30, 2014 at 07:14 pm

I’m sure it WAS. Gone now too :'(

Sheepdog6 December 20, 2014 at 08:50 am

I don’t know about you but if I’m in a vehicle under ambush the only reason I exit the vehicle is if it has been disabled or I forgot the parking brake was on…

JohnnyIShootStuff December 20, 2014 at 10:19 am

Well, this is another perfect example of the frauds in firearms training. Guys like this are no different than the fake karate instructors of the 80’s and their “my kung fu is better than your kung fu” dojo wars. This must have been a record for pulling a video after the links. These guys know they’re teaching bullshit that’s only meant to separate fools from their money. They didn’t even try to defend or justify this crap. They just deleted all their videos. I guess the light of truth being shined on crap like this is a threat to the tactical foolery model of revenue generation.

Gizmo December 20, 2014 at 10:36 am

It lasted I think 3 days, saw it elsewhere don’t remember where but yeah, it wasn’t too fast before it disappeared LOL

Mattv2099 December 20, 2014 at 09:45 pm

I saw the video yesterday and it was awesome. I would totally love to recreate this video but I’d feel bad if someone actually used the stupid advice and got themselves hurt.

Never Go Full Yeager December 21, 2014 at 07:05 am

Another video gone because of Endo! I’d seen it posted yesterday and didn’t watch it, and now it’s DEAD. I need to start watching these videos ASAP, this is like the 15th video I’ve missed on this site. Even if I start the video to save it in my YouTube history it’s gone within 24 hours! Mike, you need to start saving these videos and uploading them on to LiveLeak or something to that effect.

enchilada face December 21, 2014 at 11:27 am

if you do a youtube search for ” Premier Tactical Group ” you will find the video someone else has uploaded for us. its a Gem.

ENDO-Mike December 21, 2014 at 12:21 pm

Sweet thanks I replaced the embed!

JohnnyIShootStuff December 21, 2014 at 02:29 pm

Sweet, score. I’m going to go get my mall ninja on now.

Chris75 December 21, 2014 at 04:29 pm
Chris75 December 21, 2014 at 04:31 pm

To play devil’s advocate, I would be confused as hell if I was shooting at him and he crawled around through the truck like that!

Brian December 23, 2014 at 01:49 pm

Probably assume he was hit

Jesse December 30, 2014 at 07:43 pm

As would I. Then I’d go up to the truck, on the driver side to confirm his situation. He’d never see me, but I’d see his sweet 5:11 shoes and put some speed holes in his floor board, if I were the bad guy.

JohnnyIShootStuff December 21, 2014 at 05:16 pm

Okay, so here’s what I learned. If there’s a threat in the road, STOP. Don’t hit it, don’t turn, just stop. Exit the truck, with the threat still in the road. Then get back in the truck, in the Ms. Daisy seat. Then hang out the other side of the truck, like a monkey, and shoot at the threat, which by now is laughing at the Chinese fire drill you just pulled. Oh, and all this assumes that no one is in the back seat, there is only one threat in front of you, and the threat is a steel plate that doesn’t move. Seriously, this is some of the biggest bunch of shit I’ve ever seen someone do with a serious face. Either this guy has a PhD in trolling or he’s drinking from a well that’s below a septic tank.

Nick December 21, 2014 at 08:24 pm

Did anyone else notice the sticker on the Tundra?? Forget “T&E guns” and free kydex holsters….I want brand new $50k trucks sent to my range so I can shoot out of them LOLOL.

it's my day off December 21, 2014 at 08:47 pm

it wasn’t that bad. thanks, endo. this made my fucking day. targets on round. godamned priceless.

Leatherwing December 21, 2014 at 09:08 pm

Bad guy is steady lighting up the vulnerable front seat area, which I’ve just vacated (stupid bad guy). I crawl into back seat and open rear door. Bad guy sees rear door open, I stick my head and torso behind rear door just as bad guy lights up rear door. My day sucks because I never got to show bad guy how I roll.

Starvinpilgrim December 22, 2014 at 06:24 am

1:40 He ………..”managed to put a lot of targets on rounds”

Only real operators can do that.

skip11b December 22, 2014 at 07:53 am

He didn’t even scan for additional threats, what a fucking non tactical ass face. He even said that it was a “weirdo crossfire” SCAN BITCH, SCAN!!!!!

Agitator December 23, 2014 at 09:20 am

I wonder if Master Bates, er, Bateman teaches this move. A calf holster might be more convenient while hanging upside down outside of a truck.

Reader December 23, 2014 at 06:09 pm

Soooo a full 13 seconds before any return fire, and no suppressive fire to boot? I understand in an ambush you’ve got to get off the X (who the fuck gets ambushed outside of 3rd world countries is anyone’s guess)…. but the second rule of a near ambush is to return fire immediately and suppress as quickly as possible. If you’re going to be tacticoo operator 1,000 you might as well practice the real tactics…..?! This shit is hilarious.