Maybe Anti-Gun Groups Won’t But Then Again Maybe They Will

Getting kids to read Wayne LaPierre quotes:

Everytown-for-gun-safety-logoOh so now facts are considered “fear mongering”? *smh* if it’s not one thing they are complaining about it’s another.

Some of these anti-gun groups briefly stepped up their game, but it looks like they are back to low budget garbage again.  Please do all of us a favor and come correct on the next one.  The effort is appreciated.

Jake April 8, 2015 at 07:00 am

Since really all they have is can be summed up in hash tags, I have a few for them.

#FuhDeChillunz
#OogaBoogaNRA
#LookAtThisBaby
#OogaBoogaGuns

There. Now can someone pay me $50 million like Shannon?

Bruh Bruh April 8, 2015 at 07:29 am

Anyone think these ads are working? Are they getting that bad because they are that despirate? I see billboards, tv ads and now Im starting to hear ads like this on Pandora too. Wheres the pro-gun ads? We need more Cam&Company radio and tv stations, i feel like we’ve been silenced. (Lol – who gets to pay that tax stamp). Im all for the gun safety ads – but these days i feel im being targeted and made to feel outcasted because of my lifestyle choice. Are gun owners going to be denied the right to marry?

I open carry and i recieve the occasional dirty look, however, most of the time i recieve praise -even from cops. I have had one conversation with a lady that asked ‘is that a real gun?’ It ended with her eyes being opened to the fact that theres good people and bad people in this world. Having a gun does not make you a bad person. However by trying to remove the guns from bad guys hands you are also disarming the good guys. I feel she was just very miseducated… and i want to blame these ads. I know people fear what they dont know – lets focus on education so we have nothing to fear, but the absence of fear. (Or fear itself)

I also find it quite distasteful to use kids for these ads. /rantover

Dracon1201 April 8, 2015 at 11:04 am

Most advertising agencies won’t allow pro gun ads.

Drew April 8, 2015 at 10:11 am

Using children to deliver one’s message is bush-league. Very amateurish.

rackoflamb April 8, 2015 at 11:40 am

No comments allowed – typical democrat socialism.

BTW America is strong because of it’s people, not there ability to call someone else for help.

jim bob April 8, 2015 at 01:28 pm

i think that is sadly changing. most of the people around me want someone to fix everything for them. they want someone to make their coffee, shave their ass, keep them safe from the boogiemen, protect them, fight their wars and be allowed to watch Scandal uninterrupted.

people want cops armed like soldiers and patrolling the mall. then they hate the cops for shooing someone and say they are fascists. but fascists who should be the only ones with guns.

pod April 8, 2015 at 02:29 pm

Watts comes from a corporate PR background. Any time a corporation, especially one with a lot of controversial tactics like Monsanto, publishes something via social/community channels, the comments section is disabled, or heavily policed by moderators. I usually like “taking the fight to them” and I expect my comments to be deleted. Though surprisingly, the anti-gun HuffPo generally lets the shit fly in their comments section.

Though this morning, I took the taxi union to task on their anti-competitive tactics and was banned in about an hour from their social channels.

rackoflamb April 8, 2015 at 11:41 am

btw I reported it for child abuse

pod April 8, 2015 at 02:29 pm

You win 1 internet.

ENDO-Mike April 8, 2015 at 02:53 pm

Is that safe to do and not get your account eventually banned? I’ve been avoiding doing stuff like that just because I don’t want to get got. :P

Robert W. April 8, 2015 at 12:18 pm

So what I got out of this was:

There are rapists, terrorists, knockout-gamers, murderers, etc. etc.
These kids know that these things exist
Even though the last line in print says kids shouldn’t live in fear, I don’t see any kids in fear, most are giggling between their lines.

Disco April 8, 2015 at 03:07 pm

Facts aren’t as important as ☆FEELINGS☆.

pod April 8, 2015 at 02:34 pm

rackoflamb hit the nail on the head. I doubt Google will do much, but report the video for “child abuse”. In a way it is. Everytown is using children as unknowing pawns in their smear campaigns. The children are incapable of real independent thought at that age, and kind of just go along with what adults say.

Disco April 8, 2015 at 02:53 pm

Reported.
Reason? Infringes my rights.

sam April 8, 2015 at 11:24 pm

LaPierre is ok, but Heston is the ne plus ultra. They should quote the Heston. It would be adorable.

ST4 April 9, 2015 at 05:02 pm

“Think of the children,” indeed. This is some serious exploitation and abuse.