SureFire 2211 Tactical WristLight

The law enforcement divorce rate will spike if these lights become standard issue. Check the promo vid:

0:08 – Either the acting is really bad, or this “cop” is actually a rapist… I can’t tell yet.  Right now I’m scared for the kid.

0:35 – K I’m pretty sure he’s a real cop.  A scream is heard close by, cop flexes his light skills for the kid and tells him to hold onto it… kid says “Won’t you need it?”  Then I shit you not, this happened… I lost it LOL:

SureFire-2211-Tactical-WristLight-1

0:40 – Kid is stone faced not giving a single about what he just witnessed. Then gives a “what the hell am I supposed to do with this?” type glance at the flashlight he was given.

0:52 – Purse snatching in progress, bad guy sees cop and then holds girl hostage with a knife.  He then lests go and there is a bit of a chase until he gets his shit kiboshed by a bend in a gate smaller than he can fit through.

BOOM product shot #2… other officer on the scene is also tactical as _ _ _ _:

SureFire-2211-Tactical-WristLight-2

2:31 – “I had no idea the detective was there, I was talking about my 2211″  <— *eye roll*… that was forced.

2:50 – Whaaat?  So the girl getting her purse snatched was actually the kids mom?  Clever stuff Surefire… haha not really.

I think they really missed out on not getting Vince Vaughn to play the bad guy.  I guess California’s gun laws must be working, the bad guy had a knife not a gun. *snicker* (Obviously implied: Ban assault knives!)

Man I sure do love Surefire, but this product is off the charts retarded.  I didn’t even mention the price yet, which is a cool $500.  Uh…. WOULDN’T.

Looks like Glock has some stiff competition in the realm of shitty commercials.

SureFire-2211-Tactical-WristLightWill 2013 be the year of the tactical wrist flashlight?  Too early to say, but I’ll keep my ear to the tactical streets.  Thoughts?

Hat tip: Tim

Owen February 2, 2013 at 02:21 am

I NEED this shit for my tactical as ____ Iron Man getup.

matt February 2, 2013 at 02:24 am

HOLY SHIT that amount of tactical wrist action is out of this world god bless the USA and god bless Surefire for making the world more tactical

Anthracis February 2, 2013 at 03:51 am

Airsofters start mass purchase of the tactical wrist light for their “loadout” in 3…2…1…lol

Ninjavitis February 2, 2013 at 05:03 am

No airsofter will shell out $500 for one of these, at least not until we see some pics of Special Forces guys wearing them overseas or there’s a flood of $20 knock offs from China (give it 3 months). Airsofters are reactive, not proactive. You don’t want to spend the money until you know is it’s cool or not.

Seb February 2, 2013 at 05:50 am

Hmmm. I guess I will have to start duct-taping my Streamlight to my wrist and save myself 500(!) dollars.

PPGMD February 2, 2013 at 08:12 am

My understanding is that it is designed for a very niche market. LE officers in agencies that don’t allow weapon lights for most officers. Which is why it turns on and off based on you being in shooting firing position.

Jim P. February 2, 2013 at 09:34 am

So I would be paying $500 for a flashlight that if my suspect was on the next floor down it would automatically shut off?

That is stupid.

PPGMD February 2, 2013 at 03:09 pm

Granted they show the opposite in the video, but a local Surefire rep told me that it is supposed to be treated as a weapon light. You are still supposed to search with your handheld light, just like you would be a weapon light.

Like I said, it is a pretty niche light, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was discontinued in a year or two. It is one of those concepts where someone would say “Sure I’ll buy one,” until they actually see it and are asked to put some dough down for it.

dave w February 2, 2013 at 09:37 am

when they make a surefire pop up crotch light like the revolver in Dusk Till Dawn i will be in.

Matt in FL February 2, 2013 at 11:09 am

Totally something I would buy just for shits ‘n giggles if it wasn’t FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS.

Matt February 2, 2013 at 12:21 pm

looks like a great way to attract bullets.

SittingDown February 2, 2013 at 12:34 pm

X400 > 2211.

Nakedgun February 2, 2013 at 02:10 pm

I will definitely stick with my handgun-light…
I guess it’s an option for agencies or Security Officers who aren’t yet allowed to have light-mounts, but otherwise I don’t see a use for it.

Did you catch where the badguy says, “Are you serious?!” after the Cop says he was talking about his wrist-light being his back-up?… Hilarious!

kford February 2, 2013 at 02:11 pm

$500? I’ll just buy a second Glock.

Rob February 2, 2013 at 11:18 pm

hahaha exfuckinzactly!

SouthpawByNW February 2, 2013 at 03:27 pm

That kid didn’t give back the light the cop gave him…awesome.

Adam February 2, 2013 at 10:55 pm

I’m glad I’m not the only one that noticed that!

M February 2, 2013 at 07:25 pm

is it just me or did the cop fail to identify himself to the perp? not that i trust someone who screams PD anyways, but might give ‘em pause. As it was all that the bad guy could see was the fucking light, no way to tell that he has a badge and a gun…

I’m in total agreement, this thing is stranger than a three dollar bill. I wouldn’t want one if they gave it to me for free, so you can guess how likely I am to pay half a k. Then again I don’t get my jollys off playing 20 questions with a ten year old in a dark alley.

FYI February 2, 2013 at 08:51 pm

The cop is actually Doug Martin. Instructor for Surefire Institute and HBPD SWAT cop. http://www.surefireinstitute.com/page/instructors

vick February 2, 2013 at 09:16 pm

For $500 it could at least have a digital clock on it.

Chris February 3, 2013 at 12:10 am

That option is an extra $150!

MrMaigo February 2, 2013 at 11:26 pm

not a bad idea for a utility light, not that I’ll ever pay that much for a shitty light

Drebin February 3, 2013 at 02:18 am

They put a watch on it for 2013, makes it look much better and provides a more efficient use of space. There are advantages to always having a light on your wrist but without the watch it was dumb, with the watch it is actually a nice product. Still $500 puts it out of reach for most people even if they did want it. I would buy 10 of ‘em and give them away before I spent $7700 on a stupid looking half jacket though.

Poppy February 3, 2013 at 02:54 pm

Looks like Captain Fascism has few Batman gadgets now.

Broke Cop February 3, 2013 at 07:26 pm

Ya, I need to go confront some guy with a weapon…take my overpriced $600 Surefire flashlight and run away with it :p

Franz February 3, 2013 at 11:16 pm