Costa Lupus Does An Operationally Dynamic Shark Jump Action Short

For your tactically operational eyes only:

homer-jump-sharkThat was actually one of the corniest things I’ve ever seen.  In the splendor of 4k video quality too!

0:05 – oooh “Costa Media Group”.  Who belongs to this “media group”?  Dynamic choice of words bro.

0:13 – “Easy Day” – I can tell already this title is going for ironically-clever status.

0:26 – Look at this guys facebook profile pic.  We are “going to get him” in our tactical minivan.

0:51 – Costa says  “Easy day”.. obviously a tie in to the title and something which will be referenced later.

0:52 – Cut scene to bad guy.  OH NOES.. he needs to get his ass back to HQ (or wherever).

0:58 – Funny-man Costa cracks one of his trademark jokes

1:04 – Bad guy spotted!  Operators engage in a chase.

1:10 – Tactical minivan fail… driver hits curb and loses a hubcab.  Good luck getting the damage deposit back Costa.  Did you even read the agreement?  It specifically specified you COULD NOT use the minivan for operating in any type of operations.

1:21 – Oh shit.. team out and engaging the suspect in full HSLD urban tactical loadout.

1:25 – Suspect firehoses his suppressed MAC-10 at Lupus and his clique, hitting the only girl.  WTH Costa?  Stereotype much?  That girl couldn’t handle your fictitious operation?  *smh*

1:33 – Show of concern… quick show of emotion / hesitation.  Then FUCK IT.. I’m going in, in my tactical mom jeans.

1:39 – Shady warehouse entry, in full tactical mode.  Even though it’s light, he immediately clicks on the weapon light and does a signature Costa scan out in the open.

1:44 – Scan done.  Support hand back where it should be, 19ft forward at the end of the rifle… proceeding to hunt for scumbag with momentary light pulses.

1:50 – Scumbag spots Lupus… he takes cover behind a stack of tactical adult diapers before starting up the chase again.

1:57 – Cocaine in a briefcase, cellphones, shotgun and an AK… these dudes are bad news.

2:03 – Costa busts in like the Kool-Aid man and dynamically hoses everyone.

2:07 – One up top, then one to the side just for finesse.

2:10 – DICK SHOT! LOL ouch…  Textbook, straight from Art Of The Dynamic Dick Shots DVD.

2:17 – Main scumbag still alive though… Costa is pissed so he starts dumping!

2:23 – Transition to sidearm for the kill.

2:28 – Brings the gun into the “workspace”… scans.  Sits down because the mission is done.

2:34 – Costa’s useless operator buddy decides to show up once everything is over.  The code blue each other, some useless banter, then the “Easy day” line is dropped and Costa be like “AHHHHAHHAHHA” in the eyes.

Behind the tactical scenes:

6:33 – That guy needs notches in his beanie.

6:52 – 7:06 – hahah I do like Costa’s sense of humor.

Chris-Costa-Chanel-ParodyCool equipment for sure… I’m not so sure what the point of all this is though besides to generate some buzz about his Costa Lupus training school.

Hat tip: Austin, Jason, Keith

DinoRidingArab December 18, 2013 at 12:26 am

None of the team members were wearing tactical tape or satchels. Amateurs.

Me December 18, 2013 at 01:00 am

Hey baby, i need to borrow your car…. no just for the afternoon… no me and Matt are just gonna.. no were not gonna shoot out the windshield again…. but baby we got suppressed a Mac-10….no I told you were not gonna shoot in the car… baby… I’ll have it back by 5 I swear… yes I know the hubcaps are new… aww c’mon!

funnybookz December 18, 2013 at 02:57 am

You mean to tell me I can operate in operations in my wife’s tactical Honda Odyssey!?

Matt in FL December 18, 2013 at 04:28 am

So, by the end of the video, he’d shot the living shit out of the guy that “the guys really want bad” so that they can “question him hard” for his “important information.” Maybe if you’d gone in with your team, instead of lone rangering it, you could have taken him down without putting what appeared to be 17 holes in him.

“But I had to go after him alone, or he might have gotten away, and we needed that intel!”

Oh yeah? What’d you learn?

Oh, and 3:29 video, but the “Behind the Scenes” is twice as long, and based on the 4-5 places I skipped through it, is a 7 minute equipment commercial? Yeah, I don’t have time for that.

Steve December 18, 2013 at 06:02 am

Haha! Tactical Mom Jeans. Spot on assessment Mike. I wonder if Costa will start selling that with his Tactical Tape and European Carry-All

Frank December 18, 2013 at 07:35 am

The part with the chick moaning was the best.

dogxhead December 18, 2013 at 08:10 am

hahaha!!

arms4allofus December 18, 2013 at 08:58 am

Ha saw this last night and I was just waiting for it to pop up on here.

tincankilla December 18, 2013 at 09:42 am

tactical “O face” at 2:30

kl December 18, 2013 at 09:43 am

The wannabee hero solution: running gunfight with three fatalities and one friendly wounded – that’ll be a shit-ton of paperwork, admin leave, Grand Jury presentments, warm-and-fuzzy sessions with the Dept. shrink, and a coupla civil lawsuits.

Real-life solution: hit bad-guy with the mommy-van – dirt-bag’s taken into custody, patrol does an accident report, and agent chick gets hit with an official reprimand (with the option to forfeit leave in lieu of suspension days).

kl December 18, 2013 at 09:49 am

Sorry, agent chick MIGHT get an official reprimand depending on how well you can articulate suspect’s running into the path of your car as you were trying to stop.

sapper911 December 18, 2013 at 11:29 am

What is the point of this video?

Dan G December 18, 2013 at 11:59 am

To try and keep Costa Relevant to someone other than Airsofters?

Rated R December 18, 2013 at 11:58 am

I enjoyed the video the same way I enjoy most action flicks. For example, to me Rambo was fun to watch not because of the movies ultra accurate adherence to the “tactical rule book”, but because lead was flying and scum bags were dying. Props to Costa for throwing out some enjoyable gun content in a time where everyone (including gun owners) seems to be attacking guns and liberty.

Now that I’ve shared my thoughts, let the arm chair internet operators continue the hater train. Next stop solidarity (rolls eyes)…

Dan G December 18, 2013 at 12:01 pm

I would be in full agreement with you if in the first 2 minutes of the behinds the scenes video Costa had not talked about how the video was going to show effective techniques for different situations.

Dan G December 18, 2013 at 12:22 pm

woops just rewatched the behinds the scenes and nope does not say what I thought he said.

Some of the hate is definitely haters just hating but some of it is that tactical instructor using his street cred to make a video that makes no tactical sense. Entertainment is great but if you teach this stuff for a living there is some expectation you are going to do more than show your brand of weapon handling.

Rated R December 18, 2013 at 04:00 pm

Dan I see your point.
I believe the “haters” need to differentiate between Chris’ day job as an instructor, and this video which is intended to be artistic and entertaining (especial the crotch shot).
Folks should see this as a new and distinct job for Chris, a job that expands his brand to include action hero. This is a side venture that is not about instruction or tactics, but rather fiction for the sake of entertainment and marketing. I applaud his entrepreneurial spirit, and I would think that we can find some better people to bag on like gun grabbing politicians…But then again haters will hate…

Knowledge, Skills, Desire

Max December 18, 2013 at 10:49 pm

It worked for Dick Marcinko with a dozen books and a rather average video game.

Rated R December 19, 2013 at 11:26 am

Bingo! Thanks for injecting business sense into the thread.

STLBLUE December 18, 2013 at 11:59 am

Cute video I loved Costa ditching his teamates and charging blind into the room and using a wooden end table for cover. Turbo should come to St. Louis Metro for a few “Jump Outs”

Professor Hale December 18, 2013 at 12:19 pm

So much for “questioning him hard”. Haha. Every time I try those moves in BF3, I get killed early and often.

DaveW December 18, 2013 at 12:59 pm

That’s just the Costa doing business…

Rated R December 18, 2013 at 04:00 pm

I see what you did there…Well played.

Russe December 18, 2013 at 03:45 pm

Yeezus, this is the gayest shit I’ve ever seen. Thanks for the LOLs Costa

Nakedgun December 18, 2013 at 04:00 pm

No Hollywood careers were harmed in the making of this amateurish op-vid.

T. December 18, 2013 at 04:05 pm

Me thinks this is Chris Costa’s demo for a foray into actor training and on-set weapons consulting. If so, a director or producer looking to get his/her actors looking their part could hardly do worse.

Action movie consulting and stock photography production could be a good place for him, especially given the crap Hollywood spits out today in the gun department. Good paycheck too. Guy has to make a living.

Rated R December 19, 2013 at 11:27 am

I smell anti-hate in your post…

T. December 19, 2013 at 08:20 pm

A rare commodity around here it seems, especially concerning Chris Costa. :-/

Federale December 18, 2013 at 07:53 pm

Serious bro, the 5-0 like to use minivans. Total anonymity. Just add a child seat and you are golden.

PJ December 18, 2013 at 07:57 pm

30 seconds in I realized that this is what happens when Chris Costa watches a Dog the Bounty Hunter marathon and thinks to himself, “This could more shootouts.”

Ian December 18, 2013 at 09:05 pm

Gecko45 approves.

tommyt December 18, 2013 at 10:24 pm

What a mess. It was embarrassing to watch. I was on the fence about him up until this point. Now I want to build a bigger fence. He’s drifting into Gabe Suarez territory.

SittingDown December 19, 2013 at 07:59 am

The Art Of The Dynamic Dick Shots Reloaded: Costco Lupus Edition. LOL

Jason December 20, 2013 at 05:37 pm

How did he fire 12 shots through his 1911 without a reload? LOL!

SittingDown December 21, 2013 at 06:13 am

Tactical arm tape is actually an extended flexible magazine implant which allows for this otherwise impossible feat. And if you like that, you should see what Tactical leg tape can do.

“That’s what.” -She

Suburban December 23, 2013 at 06:26 am

Dude does an awesome job of controlling that MAC one-handed!